Wednesday, July 23, 2008



When I “went punk” in 1981, it was like a whole new world opened up to me. Before there were clear lines drawn in the musical sands, I absorbed everything I could get my eyes (well, mostly ears back then) on, and XTC were definitely a favorite. 27 years later, I think they sound better than ever, and I’m still a fan of almost everything that front man Andy Partridge does. Here they are way back in September of 1978 with “Are You Receiving Me?” They don’t make ‘em like this anymore and that’s a shame, but they did have the presence of mind to do a video for this great non-LP track, which we can all sit back and enjoy right here.

1 comments:

Tracy Dick said...

Mike,
The only reason I ever went to a Police show was because XTC opened for them and BLEW the Police away. Must have been in 79/80. They were GREAT!

Post a Comment