Monday, July 7, 2008



I’m not sure how it all started exactly, but for the last year or so, I’ve hung on to every bottle of George Dickel Tennessee whisky that I polish off. I really have no idea why… perhaps it’s because I didn’t go to college and therefore was never in a frat, so I never got the chance to show the world how much I could drink. But for whatever reason, I more or less subconsciously kept them and built a new shelf every time 6 new bottles were empty. Then one day out of the blue, I looked at it and decided to take it down. I put the bottles out for the homeless guys that scour my Oakland neighborhood for these recyclable treasures, and now this picture is all that remains. Now if someone from the George Dickel distillery in Tullahoma, TN sees this and sends me a case or two – or better yet, decides that I would be a perfect spokesman for the company – then it certainly would have been a worthwhile project…

0 comments:

Post a Comment